2001 – Spring ’22 Class Letter
Class of 2001!
As many of you have heard, Ripon’s 13th President, Dr. Zach Messitte, has left the institution to return to his hometown of Washington, D.C. Our beloved Alma Mater has now launched a full hiring campaign to replace the President. One of your very own, DANTE A. C. HOUSTON ’01, has been selected as a member of the Search Committee! Rest assured, the College is in great hands as we make this transition. Dr. Andrea Young has been named Interim President and has already paved the way for many new and exciting initiatives to come.
If you are anything like us, you needed something to look forward to in order to get through the struggle that continues to be the Global Pandemic. Great news from our Ripon – in-person events are back! The College has done an amazing job with ensuring faculty, staff, students, and alumni alike are kept safe on and off-campus and Ripon is ready to host upcoming events! Mark your calendars for these critical dates:
- April 27: #OneDayRally (nation-wide)
- May 14-15: Senior Class Commencement Weekend
- June 23-26: Alumni Weekend
#OneDayRally and Ripon Fund Updates:
- Thank you to all who contributed to the 2021 Ripon Fund. Because of you, Ripon College achieved the highest fundraising year ever! This support will allow the College to continue to be one of the most affordable and accessible private colleges in the state while supporting critical campus projects!
- SAVE THE DATE! Ripon’s annual giving day, known as #OneDayRally, will be held on Wednesday, April 27.
- All alumni are encouraged to sport their Ripon College attire and post it on their social media platforms.
- If you are interested in being a Social Media Advocate to promote #OneDayRally, please email Kelly Nielsen, Director of Annual Giving, at [email protected] to receive a toolkit with resources in the days leading up to #OneDayRally.
DANTE HOUSTON ’01 of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, has been promoted to Director with AMN Healthcare. AMN is the largest healthcare recruitment firm in the nation. He was also named to the Ripon College Board of Trustees, where he serves as Co-Chair of the Advancement Committee.
CLINT PRACHER ’01 of Austin, Texas, has accepted a role as Senior Technical Project Manager with Insider, Inc. of New York, New York. He recently welcomed a new bundle of joy, his fur baby, Bacon.
DANA DELACH GARCIA ’01 of Plainfield, Illinois, serves as a Medical Doctor with a Hospice Facility in a Southern Suburb of Chicago, helping to provide quality, end-of-life care. She keeps busy with her three, rambunctious boys and her family’s Airedale fur baby, Chuey.
MIKE MISSAK ’01 of McHenry, Illinois, continues to run his annual fundraiser, Jeeps On The Run in Lake County, Illinois. It provides donations and support to the CEO Marine Toys for Tots Foundation. This was the ninth year he has led this effort. To date, he has helped raise over $800,000 in toys and donations.
We can’t wait to see you soon, whether it be in person or virtually. Keep sending us your updates or drop us a note/text just to say “hi.” And please continue to stay safe, healthy, and happy!
DANTE A. C. HOUSTON ’01
NICOLE BAUMANN-BLACKMORE ’01
Your 2001 Class Agents