1986 – Spring ’21 Class Letter
1986 – Spring 2021 Class Letter
Greetings, Class of 1986!
What a year. I saved a ton on haircuts, only got one last year. Sorry, I refuse to include a photo… but I will share it with those who make it to our 35th Class Reunion in August.
Alumni Weekend 2021 will be unlike anything we’ve ever seen with two distinct summer weekends of Ripon alumni programming for us. No matter how you’d like to connect, virtually or in person, the Office of Constituent Engagement is developing a variety of activities to continue to follow CDC, Fond du Lac County and College guidelines in both June and August. Full schedules, lodging, and programming details will be posted soon to www.ripon.edu/alumni-weekend.
- In honor of our June Alumni Weekend traditions, virtual alumni programming will be held Tuesday, June 22 through Saturday, June 26, and will include: an alumni town hall, R Connections webinars, affinity socials, a summer book club, and special recognition of the 2020 and 2021 Athletic Hall of Fame Inductees.
- The only in-person event, the Doc Weiske ’50 Memorial Golf Scramble, will be held off-campus on Friday, June 25.
A combination of virtual and in-person Alumni Weekend programming will be held the first week of August. We will continue to evaluate the state of COVID-19. If circumstances change at the local and national level and we need to cancel in-person programming, that decision will be made and communicated by July 1, 2021.
- Virtual programming will be held Tuesday, August 3 through Saturday, August 7 and will include: a reunion-focused alumni town hall that also previews the new academic year, additional R Connections webinars, the summer book club capstone, and the traditional “That Was Then” storytelling session.
- In-person, on-campus programming will be held Friday, August 6 through Sunday, August 8 and will focus on alumni awards recognition, 2020 and 2021 reunion celebrations, and will feature other outdoor events like Rally Run and prairie walk.
- Additionally, the Class of 2020 will officially be welcomed to our alumni community with a special commencement ceremony.
Our Class Reunion is our last best chance to see each other before we hit our sixties. (COVID-19 be damned). Not sure I want to be so future-oriented anymore! Strange space to occupy, not wanting to look forward to far and living with people who have heard my greatest hits one too many times. I am sure the rest of our class is interested in what you’ve been up to lately. Please send me a note that I can share in the next Class Letter.
Meanwhile on campus: classes began on January 25th with a mix of live and remote learning. Recruiting for the class of 2025 has been going great. Interest in Ripon College has increased during the COVID-19 era. As of March 8, deposits for Ripon College incoming students are at 158, up roughly 15% from last year at this time. Great news!
Looking forward to interacting with you all during #OneDayRally on Wednesday, April 28th. If you haven’t been part of it yet, jump in and engage via email, LinkedIn, Facebook, or whatever your favorite platform is, and join in on the fun.
Hoping you all have been safe and able to avoid cabin fever these last months.
(612) 209-2996 / [email protected]
Your 1986 Class Agent